Family Welcome Centers serve NYC families all year round with enrollment and admissions. While all FWCs still welcome walk-ins, to ensure you are seen by a counselor in a timely manner, we recommend setting up an appointment. To book an appointment, please contact your local FWC ahead of time. Contact information is listed in the Family Welcome Center Locations section below.
Need a School, Program, or Child Care Now?
Learn what to do on our New Students page.
Our staff members are available to provide support by email, by phone, or in person from Monday through Thursday, 8AM–5PM, and on Friday, 8AM–3PM.
Please note that all FWC locations will be closed on the following holidays:
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 29
- Anniversary Day: Thursday, June 8
- Juneteenth (observed): Monday, June 19
If you would like your child to attend their zoned elementary school or middle school, contact that school directly.
To find your zoned elementary or middle school:
- Visit schoolsearch.schools.nyc and enter your address in the School Name or Address search bar.
- In the Grade dropdown, choose your child's grade level.
- In the Borough dropdown, select the borough where you live.
- Click the Search button.
- Look for zoned schools under "Current Zoned Schools."
If your child does not have a zoned elementary or middle school or will be attending high school and needs to be registered, please visit one of our Family Welcome Center locations.
Family Welcome Center Locations
|Districts Served||Family Welcome Center Location|
|Serving Districts 7, 9, 10|
Fordham Family Welcome Center, 1 Fordham Plaza, 7th Floor, Bronx, NY 10458
Serving District 7
District 7 Resource Center, 501 Courtlandt Avenue, Room 106, Bronx, NY 10451
- Phone: 718-742-6594
- Director: Antoinette Mitchell
|Serving Districts 8, 11, 12|
Zerega Family Welcome Center, 1230 Zerega Avenue, Room 24, Bronx, NY 10462
|Districts Served||Family Welcome Center Location |
|Serving Districts 13, 14, 15, 16|
**Park Place Family Welcome Center, 355 Park Place, Brooklyn, NY 11238
|Serving Districts 19, 23, 32 |
St. Marks Family Welcome Center, 1665 St Marks Avenue, Room 116, Brooklyn, NY 11233
|Serving Districts 17, 18, 22|
Ocean Family Welcome Center, 1780 Ocean Avenue, 3rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11230
|Serving Districts 20, 21|
89th Street Family Welcome Center, 415 89th Street, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11209
**PLEASE NOTE: Our Park Place Family Welcome Center is not yet fully accessible.
- For students and guardians who have physical accessibility needs, there are two options. You can either
Request remote support or
- Schedule an in-person appointment at the following alternate location: P.S. 009K, 80 Underhill Avenue, Room 134, Brooklyn, NY 11238.
- To make a remote or in-person appointment at the alternate location, call 718-623-5069 or email ParkPlaceFWC@schools.nyc.gov.
- Additionally, please note that the accessible entrance to P.S. 009K is not the same as the main entrance; the accessible entrance is located on Bergen Street.
|Districts Served ||Family Welcome Center Location |
|Serving Districts 1, 2, 4|
333 7th Avenue Family Welcome Center, 333 Seventh Avenue, 12th Floor, Room 1211, New York, NY 10001
|Serving District 1|
District 1 Family Resource Center, 166 Essex Street, New York, NY 10002
- Contact: See 333 Seventh Avenue
|Serving Districts 3, 5, 6|
Morningside Family Welcome Center, 123 Morningside Drive, Room 235, New York, NY 10027
|Districts Served||Family Welcome Center Location|
|Serving Districts 27, 28, 29|
Sutphin Family Welcome Center, 90-27 Sutphin Boulevard, 1st Floor, Jamaica, NY 11435
|Serving Districts 25, 26|
Linden Family Welcome Center, 30-48 Linden Place, 2nd Floor, Flushing, NY 11354
|Serving Districts 24, 30|
Queens Plaza North Family Welcome Center, 28-11 Queens Plaza North, 3rd Floor, Long Island City, NY 11101
Why Visit or Contact a Family Welcome Center?
We are here to support with:
- Questions about admissions
- Guidance for students new to New York City
- Information about offers and waitlists (after offers are released)
- Adding your child to waitlists and accepting/declining offers (during times when waitlists are open)
What to Include When You Contact Us
Contact information for all locations, including email addresses, are listed below. If you email us, please include the following:
- In the body of your message, be sure to include your child's first name, last name, date of birth, and OSIS number.
- Please complete and attach a Student Registration Form to your message (visit our Enrollment Forms page to download this form in your language).
- Include a photo or scan of your government-issued photo ID.
- Include photos or scans of all required documents on the Registration Checklist (scroll down to view or download this form in your language) if your child is new or returning to the NYC Department of Education.
- Let us know if you need support in another language.
- Let us know if you (the child's parent/guardian) are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
Please do NOT include any photographs of students with your message.
Health Insurance Options
To learn about health insurance options available in New York City, please visit the NYC Department of Social Service's Health Insurance Link. Call 855-809-4073, prompt #3, to enroll.
Learn what to bring or provide when you enroll your child in school: