James Baldwin School, The: A School for Expeditionary LearningTransfer
- Location: 351 West 18 Street, Manhattan, NY 10011
- Phone: 212-627-2812
- Fax: 212-627-9803
- School Website
School Contacts and Information
- School Leader
- Crystal Davis,Principal
- Parent Coordinator
- Jeanette Aybar
- Respect for All Liaison
- Kelly Brown
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Liaison
- Kelly Brown
- How to report bullying
- 504 Coordinator
- Stephanie Blanch
- Shares building with other schools
- District Borough Number
Superintendent and District Contacts
- Alan Cheng
- Family Support Coordinator
- Stephanie Henriquez Torib
- 335 Adams Street, Brooklyn, Ny 11201
- Education Council President
- Karen Wang
- Education Council Phone
Mental Health and Wellness
- Ask your Parent Coordinator, School Social Worker, or School Counselor for more information about your school's mental health program.
- School-Based Mental Health Clinic
- Hudson Guild
- School Based Health Center with Mental Health Services
- Mount Sinai Adolescent: 212-488-3350
Building Ventilation Information
- In order to ensure maximum safety for staff and students, all school buildings are continually monitored for any ventilation issues. The DOE makes repairs or improvements where needed and/or will close any rooms until they can be occupied safely.
- M440 - 351 WEST 18 STREET
- See citywide information and report definitions:
- Building Ventilation Status
Free Student Meals
- Breakfast, lunch and after school meal service is free for all NYC public school students.
- Menu Service Specifics
- Breakfast Time: No Service Requested
- Lunch Time: No Service Requested
- Food Service Manager: Tifany Gutierrez
- Kitchen Phone Number: 212-675-5350
- See what's on the menu:
- DOH Inspection Report
- This is a transfer school. A transfer school is designed to help students who have dropped out of school or fallen behind on credits, earn the credits they need to graduate. In general, transfer schools require an application and interview. However, admissions processes vary so it is best to contact the school directly and ask how to apply.
- Learn more about transfer schools and view a Transfer Schools Guide
- For School Specific Admission Information
- Browse NYC Schools on MySchools.nyc
The DOE develops tools to help families and educators understand student achievement and school quality. The reports on this page provide information about school quality from multiple sources. These sources include feedback from students, teachers, and parents. Reports also include information from formal school visits and a variety of student achievement metrics.
- School Quality Snapshot
- The School Quality Guide is a detailed report about this school that includes complete results from the NYC School Survey and more information on student achievement
- School Quality Snapshot Transfer School
- School Quality Guide
- The School Quality Snapshot provides families with a summary of each school. The data captures the schools learning environment and student performance. Snapshots from the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 school years are available in the links below.
- School Quality Guide Transfer School
- Quality Review Report
- The Quality Review Report is the result of a two-day visit by an experienced educator, who has looked at how well this school supports student learning and teacher practice.
- 2017-18 Reports
- 2015-16 Reports
- School Performance Dashboard
- The School Performance Dashboard shows multiple years of data and key comparisons for this school.
- School Performance Dashboard Transfer School
- School Performance Dashboard - Transfer High School
Building Accessibility Profile
- Building 1
- M440 - 351 West 18 Street - Partially Accessible
- 7 out of 10 - At least one elevator provides service to all floors in the building, including most classrooms on each floor. Accessible bathrooms exist on at least one other floor in addition to the ground floor accessible bathroom(s). Certain public assembly areas or classrooms may not be accessible due to changes in elevation or other barriers.
- View BAP Report